Thursday, December 15, 2016

Seniors Do Fall Especially When On A Ladder

For the last month, I have been recovering from a fall from a ladder.  I should have known better than to climb up an extension ladder to take down the storm shutters from hurricane Matthew.  We have a two-story house with a large window in the second story over the foyer.  I was trying to remove a storm shutter and Margaret was holding the extension ladder.  I lost my balance and fell about 10 feet landing on the concrete entrance way.  The best news is that Margaret was not struck by the ladder or the falling storm shutter.  I was not so lucky.
Fortunately, I had four angels watching over me.  The first angel held my head up and it was not injured.  The second angel held my back up and it was not injured.  The third angel placed the corrugated storm shutter on the concreted which protected my hip and it was not broken. Unfortunately, the forth angel figured I needed to learn not to climb ladders again so I broke a bone in my foot.
I have learned very quickly it would have been much cheaper to hire a person to take down my storm shutters. Margaret has several ladders for sale in case anyone is interested. 

Now back to business.  Today is the second cut off for our New Directions in Home Care Seminar and our New Directions in Hospice Seminar that will be held in Las Vegas in January.  After today the price goes up by $100.  All of us have been forced to endure numerous changes and these seminars will help you implement needed changes to your organizations so you can succeed.  We do not have a room block at Bally’s.  We have found that you can obtain cheaper rates by going to Orbitz, Travelocity, or Kayak.  Many times you can book you hotel and airline ticket together and save even more.  

Richard Dixon

http://dixonhealthcaresolutions.com/home-health/

No comments:

Post a Comment